Reading time 1 minute
Watermelons have a unique role in RuneScape. Just like pineapple, you must use a knife to cut it in order to eat it. It also has a role in making scarecrows, as well as making super compost.
- Acquire a level 47 farming.
- Travel to one of the allotment patches.
- South of Falador
- North of Catherby
- North of East Ardougue
- Between Port Phasmatys and Canifis
- Rake the patch. Allow your character to rake all the weeds out of the patch.
- Add compost to the patch. Super compost achieves a higher successful yield and helps the item from plant disease.
- Plant 3 watermelon seeds. Use the seeds from your inventory on the treated patch.
- Water the patch, when needed. Use a watering can on the patch during the growth intervals (10 minutes each).
- Harvest the watermelons after 80 minutes of planting.
- After harvesting the watermelons, you can drop them in a nearby compost container. You will only need 15 items to fill the bin to make supercompost.
- Pay the nearby farmer 10 curry leaves to watch over your patch. Farmer payment will ensure that your allotment will successfully grow and be in complete health, even if you are logged off for quite some time. You can also plant white lily or nasturtium in the flower patch next to it to avoid plant disease as well.