Trout is a wonderfully delicious fresh water fish. Barbecued trout contains less fat and makes a change from chicken and beef.
This recipe is appropriate for up to four fresh trout:
- 150 ml (4 oz) white wine
- Orange, zest, and juice
- 2 Tbsp (2 x 15 ml) fresh dill
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients. Place them in a dish large enough to hold all the fish or a plastic cooking bag. Mix well.
- Marinate the trout in this mixture for 2 hours in a fridge. Turn once or twice to coat the fish.
- Barbecue the trout over coals. Baste and turn frequently. Cook for up to 10 minutes each side depending on the thickness of the fish or until the flesh falls easily from the bones.
- Serve. Serve straight from the barbecue, while it’s still hot.
- Any other fresh water fish can be used instead of trout. The marinade works well with many fish varieties.
- Nutrition Information per serving: Energy 161 Calories (kcal), Fat 5 g, Carbohydrates 1 g , Protein 28 g, Fibre 0 g
- The temperature should be monitored carefully, so that the fish doesn’t cook too quickly.
- Grill Salmon Fillets
- Marinate Salmon
- Grill Mahi Mahi
- Grill Swordfish
- Make Guava Barbecue Sauce
- Make Chicken Marinade
- Tenderize Meat with Beer
- Marinate Lamb Chops
- Alfresco ( Your Guide to Healthy Eating)- published from Tesco