You can make a really big difference to your fat and calorie intake just by making small changes in your eating habits. If you want to watch your weight, minimize or reduce your fat intake, this article is for you!
[Edit]Eating At Home
- Take a look at the food labels on foods and try to make more lower-fat and lower-calorie choices.
- Try to find low-fat alternatives to the foods you enjoy like(low-fat oven chips, low or reduced fat sausages and lower fat sandwiches. They are often or usually labelled with phrases like “healthy eating choices or options”.
- Whenever possible, grill your foods. If you are frying your food, use less oil or you can opt for spray oil.
- Remember that you have control over the amount of fats that you add to home cooking. You should find ways to reduce the fat content of your favorite recipes. Use portion control; in other words, don’t just pour them in.
- Always think F.A.T acronym (Frequency, Amount and Type of fat you eat). Also cut down on fatty snacks, and find alternatives such as bread sticks, fruits, low-fat yogurt, etc.
[Edit]Eating Outside of Home
- Try to have only two course meal and choose vegetable based starter or appetizer as one of the courses instead of a dessert.
- Request for sauces “on the side”, then you can be in control of how much you have or eat.
- Avoid adding cheese to your burger, and “down-side” on your fries. (Ask for your burger without the mayonnaise!)
- Finally and most importantly, to cut down on fat and calories, get yourself a nutrition book or leaflet to guide you about the ‘value’ of the foods you usually eat and make lower-fat choices.
- Cultivate the habit of exercising, exercising is good for the body and also helps food to digest faster. It also makes the body stay healthy