Reading time 1 minute
This article has been tagged as a stub.
That means it’s off to a good start, but still has room to grow into a more helpful resource. Until the article reaches its full potential, it will be hidden from search results. Can you help it flourish? If you think the article offers complete and accurate instructions, feel free to remove this tag.
Just about anyone can see your private details on Couchsurfing if you don’t change settings. Tweaking the privacy settings can help you feel safer about using the site.
- Log in to the site, click on your name in the top left and select “Account settings.”
- Select “Privacy” from the menu way over in the top right.
- Scroll down the list and activate any of the options you want for privacy. An example is “hide name,” which you switch from the default “no” to “yes.”
- Add any other privacy options after scrolling down more. Another example is “only seen by members.” If you make this “yes,” only members will see your profile.
- Finish changing your settings and then click “Update profile.” This is all the way at the bottom of the screen and it will save your new privacy settings.