Flower accessories are always a lovely addition to your wardrobe and they’re also a nice gift for people you know who love floral themes. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to make a wire wrapped flower ring using green seed beads and a red rose bead. It is a simple design that is very beautiful when completed.
[Edit]Making the Base
- Cut a 25 centimeter piece of soft craft wire.
- Bend one end of the wire to make it look like a round petal. Use about 6 centimeters of the wire.
- Bend the other end of the wire like a round petal too. Again, use about 6 centimeters of the wire.
- Make sure the base of the petals meet. You should have two petals and a straight piece of wire now.
- Bend the end of the straight piece like a round petal. Make sure the base of this petal meets the base of the other petals.
- Cut off the remaining piece of wire.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 with another piece of wire.
[Edit]Filling the Petals
- Tie a long thin copper wire to one of the petals, firmly.
- Thread small green beads to the wire until the wire is almost full.
- Tie the remaining piece of wire to the opposite side of the petal.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 until the entire petal is filled with small green seed beads.
- Repeat steps 1 to 4 for the two remaining petals and the second set of petals.
[Edit]Assembling the Ring
- Put one set of petals on top of the other.
- Turn the upper set of petals so that none of the petals are right above each other.
- Use a thin copper wire to tie the petal sets together. Lead the two ends of the wire in between the beaded wires and tie the ends together with a firm knot.
- Thread the big rose bead to a thin copper wire.
- Lead the two ends of the copper wire with the rose in the middle in between the green beaded wires. Tie the two ends together with a firm knot.
- Take another piece of thin copper wire. Bend it into a ring shape that is large enough to easily fit around your finger.
- Lastly, take a small piece of wire and use it to tie the ring to the petal sets. Cut any remaining pieces of string.
- There you go! Wear your beautiful accessory with pride.
- Can’t find soft craft wire, thin copper wire or beads anywhere? Try to find something using the internet, such as online craft stores or auction traders dealing in craft supplies.
- You can use any kind of big flower bead you like.
[Edit]Things you’ll need
- 50 centimeters of soft craft wire
- Plenty of thin copper wire
- Plenty of small green beads
- Big red rose bead (see image for an example)
- Pandahall Learning Center, original source of article