Buffalo chicken sliders are fantastic appetizers and party snacks. They can be a little tricky to make without the right experience, though. Read on to know how to make this sweet and spicy treat.
[Edit]For the rolls
- 1 cup (240 ml) warm water, 120 to 130° F (50 to 55° C)
- 1/3 cup dry milk powder, whole milk powder is best if you can find it
- 1 package instant yeast, SAF yeast is good
- 1/4 cup (250 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (52 grams) shortening, such as Crisco, or butter
- 3 1/2 cups (440 grams) flour, all-purpose flour will make a softer roll
[Edit]For the chicken
- 1 bag of party wings
- Bottle of hot sauce
- 1 Stick of butter
- Cooking oil
- Seasonings (ex:pepper, accent, onion powder, season salt, etc.)
- Lettuce slices
- Tomato, sliced
- Bleu cheese
- Green peppers, sliced
- Cucumber, sliced
- Diced green onions
- Ranch dressing
- Bleu cheese dressing
- Sour cream
- Make boneless buffalo wings. You’ll want to thoroughly and evenly apply the sauce as much as possible. If you’d like, you can buy a pre-cooked or frozen version of this instead to save time. A good amount to make is 3 per person for an appetizer or party snack or 5 per person for a meal.
- If needed, cut the buffalo wings into small pieces. Depending on what size your bun will be, this can be anywhere from 1–2 inches (2.5–5.1 cm) to 4-5.
- Make rolls. A good idea is to add a slight pinch of sugar for sweetness, as the bread is meant to dilute the heat of the chicken slightly, and to apply lots of butter on the tops of the bread. A possible substitute is Hawaiian rolls, which are sweet and can come in pre-cut buns.
- Slice each roll in half horizontally. This will create your small ‘buns’ to place the chicken on.
- Place the chicken inside. If you want the bun to close at a flat angle, you may need to cut some of the chicken and apply more sauce.
- Add your toppings. Possible topping choices are lettuce, sliced tomato, bleu cheese crumbles, sliced green peppers, cucumber slices, and green onions.
- Add your condiments. A popular choice is ranch dressing, though you can do bleu cheese dressing or sour cream.
- Serve. Great things to serve this with are sliced celery, baby carrots, or large dishes of dressing.
- Make Buffalo Wings
- Make Buffalo Sauce
- Make Dinner Rolls
- Slice a Cucumber
- Cut a Bell Pepper
- Fry Chicken Wings