This article has been tagged as a stub.
That means it’s off to a good start, but still has room to grow into a more helpful resource. Until the article reaches its full potential, it will be hidden from search results. Can you help it flourish? If you think the article offers complete and accurate instructions, feel free to remove this tag.
Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop mirrors your PC display or monitor on the iPad. You don’t need to be tied down to your desk to be able to see what’s on your computer screen. It’s like carrying your computer with you anywhere, but lighter. All you need to do is connect the app on your iPad to your PC and you’re good to go.
[Edit]Downloading Splashtop on iOS Device
- Launch the App Store. Tap the App Store on your iOS device to launch it.
- Search for Splashtop. Type in “Splashtop” on the search field and tap the “Search” button to begin the search.
- Download Splashtop. Locate the Splashtop 2 Remote Desktop (by Splashtop). Tap the “Install” button beside the app to download it.
[Edit]Creating a Splashtop Account
- Launch Splashtop. Locate the app on your iOS device. It’s the green icon with a splash of white paint on it. Tap to launch.
- Create a Splashtop account. If this is your first time to use the app, you will be asked to create a Splashtop account.
- Type in your email address. Type in your password, and type in the password again to confirm it.
- In order for you to use Splashtop, you have to agree to its Terms of Service. Tap on “View Terms” to view and read them then tap on “I agree” to proceed. Your account is now created.
- Log in. Enter your email and password then tap the “Log in” button. You will now be logged in to Splashtop.
[Edit]Installing Splashtop Streamer on Your PC
- Go to Splashtop’s site. Visit this site from any web browser on your PC.
- Go to the download page. Click on “Products” from the menu and select “Downloads.” Or you can visit the download page here directly.
- Download Streamer. Select your PC platform and click the “Go” button. The setup file will start downloading.
- The Streamer software is needed on your PC so that it can connect and communicate with the Splashtop app on your iOS device.
- Install Streamer. Locate the setup file and double-click on it. The setup filename is “Splashtop_Streamer_WIN*.exe.” Let the installation be completed.
- Log in. After the installation is completed, you will be presented with a login screen. Use your Splashtop account, the one you created from Step 2 of Part 2, to login.
- The same account you’re using on your iOS device should be the same one you use here. Otherwise, the remote connection won’t work.
[Edit]Connecting to Your PC from Your iOS Device
- Be sure Splashtop is open on your iOS device screen. If not, locate it and tap on it to launch it. The list of connected computers under the same Splashtop account will be displayed on the dashboard.
- Tap on the computer you want to connect to. Upon successful remote connection, the app will show you an introductory window with some hints.
- Take note of the hints. The hints include the finger gestures you need to use in order to work the contents from your PC on your iOS device.
- Tap the “Continue” button. Your PC desktop will now be mirrored and displayed on your iOS device.
- You can now access your computer’s contents right from your mobile device.